This is a first post to get the ball rolling. This blog will be fluid and will evolve as I evolve. Come back and see how it goes!
I’ve been thinking of starting a blog for years! I spend so much energy encouraging others to do “the thing” they’ve always wanted to do, so why haven’t I done this until now? Who knows. At least I’m putting the words on the page now. I have a lot to say.
Why do this?
- Nurses have a story to tell. I am a good storyteller.
- Patients deserve to be cared for by empowered nurses. Information sharing is empowering.
I have been at the bedside since 2002 and an RN since 2007. During this time, I have learned the greatest lessons of my life, made the best friends, and been present during life’s most precious moments. Nursing has been an absolute gift to me.
What are my goals?
- If you are a nurse, I hope this supports you.
- If you are a nurse, I hope this motivates you and inspires you to move forward in your purpose, whatever that is.
- If you are not a nurse, I hope this gives you a glimpse into this bizarre world.
- If you are not a nurse, maybe this will encourage you to become one!
I welcome your feedback. Please comment (respectfully!) or visit the “contact” page. If there’s something you’d like to see, please let me know!